Implant Konsolidator [KUPANG]
- El Tari Kupang International Airport
- Administration, Courier, Logistics, Warehouse Operations, Quality Control, and Transportation
- Entry Level / Staff
- High School, Associate Degree
Jalan Adi Sucipto Terminal B, Penfui, Maulafa, Kota Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Tim. 85361, Indonesia
- Min D3 any major or highschool education with min. 2 years experience in related
- High mobility required
- Computer literacy
- Max. age 27 years old
- Good analytical and logical thinking also curious to learn something new
- Preferable familiai with logistic, transportation and air transportation
- Will Be Located at KUPANG
- Ensuring all the incoming packages did not restrain in the airport
- Ensuring the incoming package after arriving at consolidator (sorted and delivered)
- Ensuring packages with DEX status
- Ensuilng consolidator updates the package status (STI-DE, HAL, & POD)
- Coordination with warehouse at local airport warehouse team at the local airport regarding problem in returning incoming and lost packages
- Coordinate with FT or implant to avoid the POD delay
About the Company
Lion Parcel was established on February 14, 2013 and engaged in the courier services serving domestic area, supported by the Lion Group network infrastructure and also as one of the largest airline company. As part of the Lion Group, Lion Parcel' mission is to develop the logistics industry with a philosophy to help accelerate economic growth in all domestic areas through the concept of "Just In Time Air Distribution".
Although counted as a new player, Lion Parcel already has the reliable operating network with the support of aircrafts and high flight frequency of the Lion Group as to almost all airports in Indonesia. Lion Parcel provide goods and documents delivery services with many outlets accross the archipelago.
Lion Parcel continue to develop its network and services performance to deliver the certainty and security of delivery goods and documents. Supported by the information systems as well as a commitment to the operating performance of services on a priority basis in order to improve service quality continuously.